Monday 18 January 2016

Meal Plan Monday

On January the 4th, both D and I kick-started our resolution to lose the baby weight. Before having baby A we were really good at cooking all of our meals from scratch and eating (fairly) healthily but we've been really lazy since she was born and having lots of ready meals and takeaways. Then of course came Christmas, with the result that my weight-loss not only stalled, but started to creep back up!

Now that A is in a routine, I find myself with much more time to cook so we've been able to stick to our meal plans easily for the past couple of weeks and I've really loved getting back into my cooking. We already feel much better and have begun to see a difference which is a fab bonus, and a major incentive to keep going!

Here's what this week's meals look like:

Monday: Cod, pesto pasta with sundried tomatoes, broccoli
 
Tuesday: Chicken breast, roast peppers and cous cous
 
Wednesday: Going to the in-laws for dinner
 
Thursday: Venison burger, sweet potato wedges and salad
 
Friday: Salmon, quinoa, broccoli
 
Saturday:  Baked meatballs and spaghetti with own pasta sauce
 
Sunday: Going to my parents for dinner

I usually make a big pot of soup on a Sunday (this week is butternut squash) which we both have for lunch a couple of times through the week. Other lunches for me are usually salad or scrambled/boiled eggs and D will usually just buy something while at work.

If you are interested in any of the recipes posted then let me know and I'll get back to you asap!

No comments:

Post a Comment