Tuesday 3 June 2014

Making Changes

Are you the type of person who just puts up and shuts up? Never stand up for yourself?  Scared to speak out and draw attention to yourself? Well settle down because we might be here for a long ride.

Some people call me laid-back, others call me a doormat. Unfortunately I think I have now set up camp at the latter. And I most definitely don't want to be there any longer.  Throughout the past year, I have- quite frankly- been pooped upon. Several times. Don't get me wrong, some of this is just bad luck, but the majority can be put down to me being the girl who is easy to mess around.

I truly believe that a person can only take so much before they crack, so I am determined to turn things around before I get to that point. I want be happy. I don't want to be scared to do things or to stand up for myself. I need to find my voice. And in order to do so, I need to work on my confidence.
 
 

This was a bit of an impromptu post, so I haven't exactly figured out how I'm going to do this, but I am 100% determined to, and I'll keep you posted every step of the way. If any of you can relate and have any tips then please let me know. And anyone going through a similar journey please do the same, it would be nice to have people (figuratively) alongside me- not least because it will help to keep me motivated!
 
Oh I do love a good quote!
 

No comments:

Post a Comment