Wednesday 3 February 2016

Review: The Snuzpod

Even before I fell pregnant, I knew I'd want to purchase a co-sleeper. I love the idea of co-sleeping but I'd never be confident enough to actually have baby in our bed. I also know people who have co-slept that still can't get their five-year-old into their own bed, and I knew I wanted to avoid any possibility of that.

Unfortunately many co-sleepers on the market are rather ugly, but I was willing to accept that for the benefits that co-sleeping would bring. Luckily I spotted the Snuzpod quite early on in my pregnancy and immediately fell in love.



The design is so sleek and beautiful, and it's exactly the kind of thing that is gorgeous enough to put your precious little newborn in. Currently the Snuzpod is available in four colours: neutral, espresso, grey and white. We went for the latter as it matches our bedroom furniture perfectly and complements the overall look of the room.


Source: www.babylurve.co.uk


I built the crib at around 34 weeks pregnant within half an hour and didn't find it difficult in the slightest. I'd spent that whole week building the baby's bedroom furniture and this was a breeze in comparison! The instructions are robust and all that's required is an allen key (provided). We've since had to adjust the height (I built it downstairs in front of the TV and had just guessed which height to set it at), and that was done within a couple of minutes. Once built, the crib is really sturdy and I have absolutely no worries about A's safety while she is in it. In fact, I have every confidence that it will last for several years (and babies)!

For the first few days we carted the Snuzpod downstairs for A to sleep in during the day (with the side up) and also partly to show off to visitors, all of whom commented on its gorgeousness. Yes, it was a bit of a faff but made easier by the fact that the crib top comes away from the base and can just be slotted back in. Now I don't bother bringing it down and A just sleeps in her pram but I'd definitely do it again with a future newborn. Re-connecting it to the bed is easy- the straps are already around the bed base, and can just be looped around the legs of the Snuzpod and clipped back into place.

 
As I mentioned, the Snuzpod can be used as a traditional four-sided crib as well as a co-sleeper. Converting between takes seconds and just involves zipping up the side and inserting a metal rod through the top seam to keep it in place. At night we have always taken the side down so I can have A right beside me and I absolutely love it. I can reach out to hold her hand or stroke her face easily, turn her Ewan Dream Sheep on if she's stirring and just slide her over for a feed. Not to mention the ease of replacing her dummy several times a night- being able to do that without getting up is priceless!
 
 Other pros include the storage shelf on the base and the fact that it comes with two types of straps to attach to the bed- one set for divan bases and the other for slatted bases- so I know if we happen to have a different bed before our next baby is born I wont have to go and buy separate straps. The Snuzpod currently retails at around £200 including the mattress from various retailers. We purchased ours directly from the manufacturer Little Green Sheep who delivered within two days and kept us updated with several texts during that time.

No comments:

Post a Comment