Friday 11 April 2014

A Leap of Faith



Have you ever made a decision that goes against everything your head is screaming out to you and leapt straight into an unknown?

The reason behind it? I bet you can guess... love. Ah that old devil that makes your heart a million times stronger and squishes your brain in the process. I'll admit that I always tend to follow my heart, but never on a magnitude of this scale. This week I have turned my back on a job offer which could potentially open many doors, make me a heck of a lot of money and provide a solid start to my career all because it would take me three hours and four hundred miles away from my boyfriend.

After a tough year and a week where I seem to have been involved in a calamity with every step I take I have realised that life is too short to be unhappy (yep that old chestnut we've all heard a million times) and- for me personally- the sacrifice is not something I'm willing to take. I have no idea of the direction that my life will now take, and I know there will be a whole lot a people who will want to scream 'you idiot!' at me, but hey ho.

Yes I'm scared and worried, but I'm excited to see what the future holds. As someone who is very organised and detail-orientated, this journey may involve several (hundred) meltdowns and will no doubt be full of ups and downs, but with a very special person by my side I know that it will be ok. It might be the best decision I've ever made...


Without a leap of faith, how will we know if we can fly?





No comments:

Post a Comment