Monday 15 September 2014

Herbal Essences Clearly Naked Range

Along with the majority of the public, I like to know what is in the products I use. The demand for hair care which is free of silicones and parabens is huge at the moment. Unfortunately many of these products are incredibly expensive and hard to find, and with so many reasonably priced hair care products on the shelves it becomes all too easy to just select one of those.
 
Well step forward Herbal Essences with their new Clearly Naked range, which is free from all colourants, silicones and parabens. At £4 for 400ml, they are much more reasonable than many of the alternatives and -being available in drugstores and supermarkets- much more accessible. At the moment, many places have an introductory offer on too- I got mine for £1.99 in Tesco, and I've heard of similar offers in other places. There are two varieties: moisture and shine, each containing a shampoo, conditioner and dry shampoo.

 
 
Being paraben-free , I didn't expect much of a lather from the shampoo, but I was pleasantly surprised. Does anyone else feel like their hair isn't being cleaned unless the shampoo lathers? It's probably silly, but I definitely feel that way! When I washed out the shampoo, my hair didn't feel any more knotted than usual, and the thick conditioner did a great job of sorting out the tangles. Although it is silicone-free, I still found it really hydrating and lightweight. The scent is yummy- white tea and mint- and while I don't usually like minty products, I really like this one as it's quite delicate, and not at all overpowering. The scent also sticks around after drying which is fab, as I don't often find products which do that.
 
I've used the products three times now, and have consistently enjoyed them. They don't weigh down my hair, and I'm still able to go my usual two to three days between washes. I have quite dry hair, and it definitely feels nourished. A big thumbs up from me!

No comments:

Post a Comment