Monday 8 September 2014

Seventeen Falsifeye HD Mascara

My all time favourite mascara (along with the majority of the population) is Benefit's They're Real, but as someone who religiously changes mascara every three months due to very sensitive eyes it can become a very expensive habit to keep. I'm always on the lookout for a drugstore alternative that I love, but have never been able to find one. Previously I've been using the Clump Crusher by Lashblast and I liked it, but it's an American brand and the UK equivalent is double the price.

While picking up some essentials (and non-essentials!) in Boots the other day I came across the Seventeen Falsifeye HD mascara. In the past I haven't liked Seventeen mascara at all, and generally avoid them but remembered that Fleur de Force had spoken about it quite positively in a video recently. I think Seventeen are really stepping up their game recently and I've been impressed with quite a few products recently so thought it would be worth a try.
 
 
And I love it! It's a bit early to say whether I love it more than They're Real but it's definitely the best drugstore alternative I've found. The brush is very similar- plastic and conical with a mixture of short and long bristles. The only major difference with the brush is that it doesn't have the little ball with teeny bristles at the end but the cone shape means it's thin enough at the end to angle and catch eyelashes in the inner corner. The formula is quite wet, which I prefer because I find it less clumpy plus it doesn't go crumbly and flake off throughout the day.
 

 
Lashes are well defined, lengthened and hold the curl all day. For those that like the fluttery look, this would be the perfect mascara to try out. It's available from Boots in either black or brown/black for £6.99 for 9ml and is more often than not on some sort of offer, so you're bound to get it for less. I think I'll be sticking with this one for a while! :)
 
No mascara

 
One coat on my right eye

 
 
Two coats on both eyes
 
 
Have you tried this mascara? What's your favourite drugstore mascara?



No comments:

Post a Comment