Wednesday 3 September 2014

The 100 Mile Challenge

A few weeks ago, I started a quest dubbed Operation Lazybum in a bid to improve my body confidence, fitness and general health. I plan to do a proper update on this next week, but just wanted to do a quick post today to let you all know that I've given myself a (not so) little challenge which I hope will give me the motivation to continue with Operation Lazybum.



I plan to walk/run/swim 100 miles during the month of September, averaging around 3.3 miles a day although there may be days where I do more or less than others. This is quite a daunting prospect for me, as I've only recently got back into the habit of exercising and even then it's only been a couple of times a week for about thirty minutes at a time. At my fitness peak (two years ago) I remember looking forward to exercising, wasn't lethargic during the day and was pretty happy with my body and I'd love to get back to that although I think it's one of those things that's easier said than done. Hopefully this will give me the kick-start I most definitely need!

As I write this, it's the 3rd of September and I've stuck to the challenge perfectly over the last couple of days. Since Monday, I've done 9.6 miles. Of course, you always have tons of motivation for the first little while but I'm desperately hoping it sticks around!

I'll check in frequently to let you know how I'm doing, and of course will post my results at the beginning of October. Wish me luck!

Have any of you challenged yourself with regards to exercise? How did it go? 

No comments:

Post a Comment