Tuesday 2 September 2014

The £1 Makeup Brush

While picking up a couple of essentials at my local Poundland I spotted a few makeup brushes on the shelves. I've never seen these before, so apologies if this is old news! I actually passed right by them because I automatically assumed they'd be rubbish, but I reconsidered and picked one up with the thought that at least if it was terrible I'd only wasted £1. The range included a foundation, kabuki, powder and blush brush. I picked the angled blush brush because I thought it would probably be the most versatile.
 
 

Whilst I'll admit that it isn't my favourite brush in my collection, for the price it's actually quite a nifty little tool. I've used it to apply sheer foundations, as a stippling brush, for contouring and of course for blusher and it does the job well. I think the pink at the top of the bristles is a bit tacky, but I don't hold it against the product as it's sturdy and well-made. So far, I haven't had any bristles fall out and it held-up fine after washing.

The rest of the products in the range are brushes that I already have from other brands and most definitely don't need, but if they were to expand the range I'd certainly buy some more and think they're more than worth the £1 price tag.

Have you tried any Poundland makeup tools? What did you think? Would you consider trying them? 

No comments:

Post a Comment