Monday 25 August 2014

August Favourites




So here we are, almost at the end of another month. And with the end of August comes the beginning of Autumn! I'm so excited for Autumn this year, I think it's because the past few months have actually been quite summery in Glasgow, whereas our spring, summer and autumn seasons normally all blend into one and seem to last forever. I can't wait to get the winter boots and coats out! :)

Anyway, also with the end of August comes another lowdown of my favourite products of the month:


Clockwise from bottom left: Essie nail paint in 'peach daiquiri;' Urban Decay All Nighter Setting Spray;
Clean&Clear dual action moisturiser; Soap&Glory Girligo;
Covergirl Clump Crusher by Lashblast; Rimmel Apocalips in Stellar







Essie Nail Paint: Essie are my favourite brand when it comes to nail polish. Amazing formula, great staying power, a gazillion colours and a reasonable price tag. Peach Daiquiri has been my go-to colour this summer, and this month I've been reapplying it each time I've done my nails. I usually get bored after a few days and switch-up the colour but I haven't wanted to. High praise indeed! This is a perfect summery coral- more on the orange side than the red- and will be perfect throughout autumn and winter to break up dark outfits.
Urban Decay All Nighter Setting Spray: With the hot weather we've been enjoying, make-up has just been sliding off my face. Instead of adding another layer to my face with a primer, I've been using this instead both before and after applying my foundation and it works a treat, saving me from having to reapply my foundation at some point throughout the day. The mist is so fine that it doesn't even wet the skin, so it doesn't add any extra time to your routine.


Clean&Clear Dual Action Moisturiser: I have very dry skin, and like to use quite a thick daytime moisturiser (No7 Protect and Perfect- never too early to start with the anti-aging!) but with the heat lately I just haven't wanted to suffocate my skin under thick products. The Clean&Clear Dual Action Moisturiser is an old favourite that I used to use when I was a teenager. It's nice and light, but still does a great job quenching thirsty skin and is a great price (approx £3.50). It has antimicrobial properties too in order to prevent spots from actually reaching the surface, although I haven't used it religiously enough to really comment on that. I do remember never suffering too badly with breakouts when I was a teen though, which might be partly to do with this!

Soap&Glory Girligo: Similarly to my facial moisturiser, I haven't wanted to use my usual thick creams and butters on my body so picked this spray moisturiser up on a recent shopping spree. It has the classic S&G scent, very similar to Hand Food and The Righteous Butter and is a great lighter alternative. A word of warning though: stand on a towel to apply this as it does disperse into the air and land on the floor a bit and if you have tiles or laminate flooring you WILL slip!

Covergirl Clump Crusher: I picked this up while I was on holiday in America early this year and have been using it religiously this month. It has a curved, plastic applicator to really get into the lashes and give them some curl. The formula is great too- no clumps, and hasn't irritated my ridiculously sensitive eyes. The UK equivalent is the Maxfactor Clump Defy, which I'll probably replace this with, although it does tick me off that the UK price is at about three times more than the US for the same product (£10.99 vs $4.99).




Rimmel Apocalips in Stellar: I got this in America too, where they're branded as 'Show Off Lips.' This shade is 'Stellar', which equates to 'Stella' over here. It's a bit strange as all the others have the same name on both sides of the pond but hey ho. This is a gorgeous BRIGHT pinky-coral, perfect for those days with big sunglasses and minimal make-up, instantly making you look like you've made an effort. The formula is a bit drying, so I always apply a lipbalm underneath, but lasts for absolutely ages. As long as you give it a minute to set it'll last a good six hours. Check for lipstick-on-teeth regularly though!

I hope you've all had a wonderful August :)

No comments:

Post a Comment