Wednesday 13 August 2014

Operation Lazybum

 
For various reasons- some more trivial than others- I've been feeling a bit 'meh' recently. One of these reasons is my body. Just over a year ago I was walking to and from uni every day (six miles in total) and partaking in Zumba and swimming on a weekly basis. I could eat whatever I fancied and was in the best shape of my life. Fast forward twelve months of working full-time, driving three hours a day instead of walking, moving in with the boyfriend and eating matching portions, swapping nights out for cosy nights in and exercise classes for my duvet and I'm in the worst shape of my life. When you can't even get up the stairs without being out of breath and people ask you when the little one is due then you know its time to act. As you can probably guess, there is no little one due. Although I may have just gone along with it to spare the mortification of an explanation to a complete stranger...

And so Operation Get off Your Jiggly Bum and Do Something About It, You Can Get Your Body Back, Improve Your Anxiety and Become Happier was born. I know what you're thinking, and I agree it's a bit of a mouthful, so it will henceforth be known as Operation Lazybum ;)
 
 

I eat fairly healthily, so won't be changing my diet very much; this is mainly about exercise and incorporating new lifestyle changes with the hope of toning myself up and feeling healthier (and being able to get put the stairs without huffing and puffing :P ). Since the beginning of 2013, I have gained a stone, but weight-loss isn't really the goal here (although it would be nice ;) ). I write this for the world to see in the hope that it will give me the determination to stick to it, so we'll see. I do have some 'before' pictures, but I'm much too chicken to post these online at the moment but perhaps this will change in the future.

I won't be updating weekly as I have other lifestyle posts planned on Wednesdays and I wouldn't want to bore everyone with the same topic, but I'll check in every so often. I'm sure I'll be rambling about this more often on Twitter, so feel free to follow me there if you're interested or doing something similar yourself :)

Let Operation Lazybum commence! 
 
 



No comments:

Post a Comment