Monday 18 August 2014

Review: Orly Rubberised Basecoat

I'm the first to admit that I'm lazy when it comes to nail polish application. Basecoat...colour layer 1...colour layer 2...topcoat...yawn!
 
I've always either skipped a basecoat altogether, or just used a clear varnish thinking that basecoats were a money-wasting invention and if a clear polish prevented staining then that would do just fine.  Well, I put my hands up and take it all back. This little baby has changed my nail painting routine forever! It makes my varnish (whether drugstore or high-end) last so much longer. I'm talking from 2-3 days without chipping to well over a week. As the name suggests, it adds a rubbery coating to the nail, making the coloured varnish appear gel-like.
 
 
 
For the purposes of this review, I used the basecoat on my right hand (my writing hand) only in order to give it a proper test. I applied two coats of Essie 'Peach Daiquiri' and my Rimmel topcoat to both hands as normal and I think the results in the photo speak for themselves!
Comparison on Day 4 (basecoat on right hand)
 
 At £5 for 5ml, it's reasonably priced, and considering I've been using this around 75% of the time I paint my nails (usually once or twice a week) since January and it looked barely used it's definitely worth it. A keeper in my book!

No comments:

Post a Comment