Thursday 7 July 2016

Ava's 8 Month Update

Eight months old! And what a month it has been- crawling, talking and teething!
 
 

I still haven't had Ava weighed at the clinic, but I did weigh her myself at home and she's around. I know it's not particularly accurate, but it gives me a rough idea. She is still wearing size 4 nappies, and 6-9 month clothes, although I have had to move her into 9-12 month leggings since she's Little Miss Long Legs!

Weaning is still going great, and she seems to be getting better with lumps and finger food which is a huge relief. I was worried that by using purees at the beginning that I'd put her off learning to chew but she has grasped the concept now. I can't think of anything she dislikes at the moment, and she'll happily sit and eat three main meals and several snacks throughout the day. She is loving toast at the moment, as well as cheerios, strawberries, bananas and baby biscuits. As before, she is still loving her main meals to contain meat- she's a proper little carnivore, although she'll make the exception for cauliflower cheese, which is still her absolute favourite!
 
 
 
We seem to have settled into a routine of getting up around 6am, napping at 8am, 11.30am and 3pm and going down for the night at 7pm which is working quite nicely! Naps are still only lasting around 30 minutes though as madam is just too nosey and can't bear to miss anything.

As I mentioned, Ava started crawling on the 31st May at 7.5months old! Now there is no stopping her and she is a little speed machine. She is so pleased with herself and it's hilarious to see. Other milestones include kneeling up, putting in her own dummy, gives kisses when asked and finally being able to handle her own cup. She adores being around other children, and especially watching older kids running about.

The first tooth has come though as well this month and I must say that it caused minimal fuss! Ava has been wearing an amber teething necklace for the past few months, and I'd highly recommend it! Obviously I can't say for sure whether it worked its 'magic' but it certainly doesn't hurt to give it a go!

No comments:

Post a Comment