Friday 22 July 2016

Bump Journals, Wedding Songs and a New Job | #LittleLoves

This week summer finally arrived in Scotland! In true Scottish fashion, we got one glorious day followed by three days of thunder, lightening and torrential rain so I guess that's that. I'm not holding out much hope for a proper summer- bring on Winter I say!

 
Read
I've been giving my Bump to Birthday journal a much needed update this week and went back and read it all from the start. My pregnancy feels like forever ago and I'd forgotten so many of the little details. I'm so glad I had everything noted down to look back on.
 
 
Watched
Very late I know, but we are finally up to date with Game of Thrones! In our defence, we only started watching it a couple of months ago so we've got through the whole lot pretty fast. I love a spoiler but D doesn't, so I was keeping my mouth shut for soooo long about the end of season 6. His face was worth it though!
 
 
 
Heard
Ava's new favourite song is 'Fixer Upper' from Frozen so we've had that on constantly. She dances and waves her arms about the whole time it's on, super cute!
 
 
 
This week I've also been listening to possible wedding songs for the ceremony and have narrowed it down to two which will be shared in due course!
 
Made
I've been continuing with my baby finger food mission and have made banana bread, sweetened with apple juice rather than sugar. It was a definite hit with Little Miss!
 
 
 
Wore
Hmm nothing very exciting unfortunately! With this heat Ava has spent most of the week in just her vest, and me in shorts and a strappy top.
 
And lastly...
I got a new job! I'm not sure if I've mentioned before, but I went back to work on a self-employed basis when Ava was 6 months old but it simply didn't work. Shifts were coming up last minute, some up to 70 miles away and I was having to chase companies for my wages! It was very all-or-nothing, and I hated it. This job is closer to home, with set hours and is part-time, so I'll still have lots of time to spend with Ava. A massive weight has been lifted off my shoulders, and I'm so looking forward to having some work-life balance.
 
http://coffeeworksleeprepeat.com/little-loves/
 


No comments:

Post a Comment