Friday 15 July 2016

Love Island, Winter Weather and Pizza Pinwheels | #LittleLoves

This week hasn't been very eventful I'm afraid! The weather here in Glasgow is still woeful so we've been stuck indoors most of the time. All three of us have had the snuffles this week too, resulting in lots of snuggle days on the couch!

Read
Ava has taken a real interest in her books lately and will now happily sit still and be read to. We have implemented a new bedtime routine with her being settled and sleeping in her own room, and we now take the time to read some stories right after we put her into her cot and this makes her lie still and soothes her off to sleep. Her favourite story at the moment is 'Night Monkey Day Monkey' by Julia Donaldson as the story rhymes and flows easily whilst the pictures are wonderful to look at.

 

Watched
The Love Island final! I'm so glad that Nathan and Cara won, I really wasn't keen on any of the others as genuine couples but the series as a whole has been totally addictive. What am I going to watch at night now?!

 

Heard
I've recently switched my car radio over to Smooth as I was sick of hearing the same few songs over and over again on other channels and I've been loving listening to some golden oldies! I'll admit I've been driving down the motorway singing at the top of my lungs a few times this week!


 

Made
These puff pasty pizza pinwheels (there's a mouthful for you!). I'm trying to get Ava onto more finger foods and maybe replacing one meal a day with proper solid food so I've been researching and trying a few baby-friendly recipes. They turned out ok for a first attempt and seemed to go down well with little miss!

 

Wore
I adore this little blouse from Primark, and it was only £3.50! I've been saving it for a sunny day as it bares the whole arm but it seems like summer is never going to arrive so she has been wearing it with a cardi on top. Fingers crossed for some brighter weather soon!

 

And lastly...
After a busy couple of weeks I'm so looking forward to slowing down and spending some proper quality time with Ava next week. We have a few activities planned, but other than that I plan to just slow down and take things easy with lots of playing at home, seeing family and taking trips to our local park (if the weather permits)!

 

No comments:

Post a Comment