Monday 27 April 2015

Bumpkin: Week 18 Update

Monday 27/04/15
 
How far along? 18 weeks

Total weight gain: Three pounds since I last weighed myself two weeks ago so I'm now 9st 11lbs, which is a total gain of about 11lbs


Maternity clothes?  Still nothing, although I'm in jeggings constantly. Real jeans are the work of the devil!

Stretch marks?  Still no new ones, phew! I said last week that I thought my existing ones were starting to improve, but I think I must have been looking at them under soft lighting because in the harsh light of day they're still the same!

Sleep:  I've been sleeping really well recently, and have only been up once through the night. I seem to be going through another period of exhaustion though which have been making the days tough to get through.

Best moment this week: Feeling the baby for the first time! After weeks and weeks of second guessing every little bubble I finally felt it whilst lying in bed on Saturday night (17 weeks, 5 days). It felt just like a little mouse running around, much 'heavier' than the butterflies I'd imagined and was a completely different sensation to what had obviously just been gas bubbles before! Once it happens you definitely know!

Worst moment this week:  Feeling really low and upset for most of Saturday after trying on a dress I'd planned to wear to an event. It was a stretchy t-shirt style bodycon one I've had since before I got pregnant, and I thought it would show off the bump perfectly. Unfortunately it also highlighted my enlarged bum and thighs and made me feel awful. As grateful as I am to be pregnant, sometimes it can be hard to accept the changes in your body, and I've been really struggling with that recently. I have been the same weight, shape and size since my teens so it's a bit of a shock to my system.

Miss anything?  Not this week

Movement: Yes!! :D

Food cravings:  Lettuce and tomatoes covered in salad cream

Anything making you queasy or sick:  I've had bad indigestion over the past couple of days, which has made me quite nauseous

Gender:  Not known

Labour signs:  None

Symptoms: Indigestion is back this week, boobs still very tender, nosebleeds, emotions running riot!

Belly button in or out?  Still in

Happy or moody most of the time?  Either very happy or very upset, there's been no in-between this week. I feel sorry for my poor boyfriend, he doesn't know what he's coming home to at the end of the day!

Looking forward to:  The bank holiday weekend. I have lots of nice lunches and dates with friends and family planned which will be lovely :)

Bump:

No comments:

Post a Comment