Wednesday 29 April 2015

April Favourites

Well here we are at the end of another month!

I've been impatiently waiting for May to begin for weeks as we will be (hopefully!) finding out the gender of our baby, going on holiday and have two bank holiday weekends so April has been quite a long and boring month. As always, I don't have a huge number of products to share with you, but quality over quantity eh?!



I swithered over whether to include the Rimmel Wake Me Up foundation as I'm not sure how I feel about it, but I've found myself reaching for it every morning recently. I bought this in late February on a bit of a whim- I'd just run out of all of my day-to-day foundations, the supermarket only had a Rimmel stand and I knew it was popular amongst bloggers and youtubers- and the first time I used it I thought it was terrible. At that point I was in the first trimester of my pregnancy and my skin had gone haywire, and this just seemed to highlight all of my imperfections. Once my skin cleared, I tried it again and the difference was like night and day. People commented on how 'well' and 'glowing' I looked (and believe me, I the natural pregnancy glow seems to have escaped me entirely)!

I've found the trick is to be a bit more generous with the product, and use two pumps instead of one. Using a stippling brush and really working it in really helps with the glow, rather than having a shiny layer just sitting on your skin. I know some people worry about the glitter in the product, but I only see this in the bottle, it doesn't transfer to the face at all. My only complaint at the moment is that the scent reminds me of suncream, which makes me want to go on holiday so badly!

With the weather being so changeable recently, my skin has become really dry and uncomfortable. I recently ran out of my night cream so was using my day one, but it wasn't really repairing the skin. I was recommended the No7 Essential Moisture range by the consultant, and I've been blown away by the difference. After showering my skin felt so tight and I was waking up feeling the same- obviously the day cream wasn't penetrating deeply enough through the night. This soothes it straight away, and my skin still feels amazing the next morning. It's also the cheapest moisturiser in the No7 range at £9.50 which is another bonus!


I have also been loving the No7 High Shine Lip Crayon in Statement. The formulation of these are great, giving the finish of a gloss with the hydration of a balm and have decent staying power of about three hours. The rest of the shade range looks lovely, and I'd definitely recommend Statement as the perfect everyday 'throw on and don't worry' colour.


Another budget find has been the Collection Extreme 24 Hour Felt Tip Liner. I avoid liquid liner like the plague, but lately I've been feeling that my kohl liner is a bit too heavy for my top lids. This is the perfect way to achieve the liquid look with the most idiot-proof application. I'm ashamed to admit that the 24 hours claim does hold up after waking up a few times recently with my eye make-up still perfectly intact. Even after nights out I've always managed to take my make-up off (however shoddily). Honestly, the things pregnancy does to you!

And last but not least is the Benefit They're Real mascara. I've professed my love for this time and time again but I always find myself straying in a bid to find a cheaper alternative. Well I opened this tube at the beginning of the month and it is as amazing as ever. Argh, why can't you be less expensive?!

Well it was just as well I didn't have any more favourites as I seem to have rambled on about these six for quite enough! Well done and thanks if you made it through!

What have you been loving this month?




No comments:

Post a Comment